Plus One Health Management Massage Therapist in Richardson, Texas
The shift days and hours are TBD.
A Plus One Massage Therapist must be able to offer a variety of massage and body treatments to relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general well-being of clients/guests.
- Comply with all Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Greet members and guests as they enter the facility using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule to determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful. Assess clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- Perform therapeutic massages of soft tissues and joints for up to 120 minutes.
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, and/or wellness maintenance.
- Assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, and/or propose client therapy plans.
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as services provided and ensure they are in compliance with safety and health laws and policies, such as HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate and sell spa products.
- Maintain the treatment rooms ensuring they are presentable and stocked after each shift by adhering to Plus One and client policies, as well as safety, health regulations and sanitation requirements. ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: Current local registration, certification and/or licensure (Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Practitioner, Registered Massage Therapist). Knowledge of a variety of massage modalities (e.g. Deep Tissue, Pre-natal, Hot Rocks, Swedish, etc.). Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification. Minimum one year experience as a masseuse/masseur, massage therapist, or related occupation. Knowledge of industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.