Dell Mechanical Engineer Director - Round Rock, TX in Round Rock, Texas
Mechanical Engineer Director – Austin, TX
Dell’s Enterprise Server/Storage Mechanical Engineering group in Austin, TX is looking for a talentedMechanical Engineer Directorwho will help drive innovation into the Dell Enterprise Server/Storage portfolio of products. Candidates will have a broad understanding of different technologies and have expertise and experience in delivering these technologies.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Oversees and coordinates the development of innovative, compliant mechanical design solutions for computer system products
- Identifies and mitigates issues that impede the success of products
- Develops budget plans, tracks these plans for accuracy, and trends and reports the outcomes
- Coordinates the acquisition, use and training of best-in-class tools in order to allow the teams to better develop innovative solutions to highly complex problems
- Manages staff and supports all products under development in assigned area
- Positions team(s) to meet all scheduled RTS (Ready to ship) commitments, and helps ensure the team's delivery of a stable and complete product that has no post RTS design defect ECOs
- Develops resource plans and effectively staffs the organization to meet business needs
- Responsible for the enablement and development activities of external suppliers
Requirements: - Typically 15 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience - Typically requires 7 years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
Company Description With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us? - Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. - When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. - Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. - We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. - Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Job: *Mechanical Engineering
Organization: *Infrastructure Solutions Group
Title: Mechanical Engineer Director - Round Rock, TX
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000GCI