C&J Energy Laborer in San Angelo, Texas
Job Title: Laborer
Reports To: Area Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position of Laborer routinely performs the duties of yard clean-up and maintenance, frac tank cleaning, cleaning and servicing motor vehicles and auxiliary equipment, housekeeping of KCL plant, painting equipment, loading and unloading supplies, and washing-out pit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: .
- Provide routine cleaning of frac tanks and vacuum trailers.
- Maintain yard upkeep.
- Monitor levels of KCL daily and report to supervisor.
- Monitor fluids and solids in wash pit on daily basis.
- Maintain frac tanks manifest and log on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain confined space equipment checklist on a monthly basis.
- Paint equipment.
- Assist crews with loading and unloading of supplies and equipment.
- At times this may require operating a forklift.
- Participates in Job Safety Analysis and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Working knowledge of company safety policies and procedures including Confined Space Entry.
- Acquires a working knowledge of Confined Space testing and rescue equipment.
- Acquires basic KCL plant knowledge.
- Acquires basic knowledge of wash-out pit equipment.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
Have mechanical aptitude and ability to clean and service motor vehicles and auxiliary equipment. Ability to complete forklift training as required by company policy and OSHA regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled