P2 Energy Solutions Geographic Data Technician - Entry Level in San Antonio, Texas
P2 Energy Solutions
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Job ID 2017-1304
Category Data & GIS
City San Antonio
Country United States
Empowering The People Who Power The World
Are you interested in a career opportunity with a growing software company? P2 Energy Solutions is dedicated to providing a positive culture where the ability to learn, collaborate, and make a difference is rewarded. We have a fast-paced, innovative culture where employees are empowered to provide a superior experience for internal and external customers.
Upstream oil and gas professionals who are focused on solving tough challenges rely on P2 software, data and analytics solutions to optimize their business performance. We are currently developing our solutions on mobile and in the cloud! More than 1,600 companies from around the world use P2 solutions every day to manage their land assets, measure and process financial information, optimize production, and manage their reserves. With more than 80 years of experience in data and 30 years in software, P2 has offices around the world, and employs approximately 600 people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Using proprietary software, process geospatial and non-geospatial oil & gas industry data.
- Skillfully interpret source documentation to include legal descriptions, survey plats, and regulatory forms.
- Ensure assigned production is completed adhering to quality standards and timelines.
- Perform quality control of geospatial and non-geospatial data processed by other technicians, when assigned.
- Continuously build skills and related knowledge; provide feedback on insights gathered while processing data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and 1-2 or more years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated interest in Geography, Geology, Data, or Computer Science would be great!
- Capacity for problem-solving and analysis and interest in data solutions.
- Familiarity with O&G industry terminology and lifecycles preferred.
- Introductory knowledge of database concepts (RBDMS, Oracle, Access, SQL...)
- Exposure to various GIS and computer systems and software (ArcGIS, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, screen captures, etc...)
Belief In The P2 Way
- Always be learning.
- When in doubt, talk it out.
- Show up and follow up.
- Create positive energy.
- Think beyond...
Please note: Assessment testing may be required for this position.
We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation structure. We have a positive culture designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. P2 is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities, and we would love to talk to you further!