Ingersoll Rand Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in TYLER, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position is responsible for conducting Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) activities, under the direction and supervision of the site EHS Manager. The primary focus is to conduct EHS inspections, analyze and maintain EHS recordkeeping systems, conduct EHS employee site training, and participate in other EHS program activities to ensure employee safety and regulatory compliance.
- Apply EHS concepts and tools to the work environment in order to reduce and eliminate risks and maintain compliance with EHS regulations.
- Identify, implement, train, and track the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) when all possibilities of risk elimination have been applied.
- Participate in Safety Committee, taking on leadership responsibilities during meetings and committee.
- Promote awareness activities, educational and guidance to workers to prevent accidents and illnesses through continuous campaigns.
- Promote communication of near misses and EHS concerns
- Keep up to date records of work-related injuries and illness as well as work environment conditions and unhealthy agents. Responsible for incident investigations and root causes determination as well as to assist in corrective action implementation.
- Work with the Ingersoll Rand EHS Management System to ensure timely reporting and closure of tasks.
- Assist with data trending and analysis, perform risk assessments and provide training to employees as needed.
- Perform EHS inspections at the site, and track corrective action and preventive action findings to closure.
- Interact with other Ingersoll Rand EHS teams and participate in EHS Staff meetings on regular base sharing experiences and escalating issues as needed.
- Test workplace for environmental hazards such as exposure to radiation, chemical and biological hazards, and excessive noise. Prepare and calibrate equipment used to collect and analyze samples.
- Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards. Report the results of environmental contaminant analyses, and recommend corrective measures to be applied.
- Conduct Behavior Based Safety (BBS), JSA’s, Ergonomic, and other assessments, training and observations as needed.
- Oversee the collection, tracking and reporting of EHS sustainability metrics for data assurance.
- Use the Oracle iprocurement system to pay and track all EHS related business expenses.
- Maintain procedures to minimize waste and ensure environmental compliance with EPA regulations, drive energy reduction, and reduce landfill waste with recycling efforts.
- Create and communicate EHS reports as needed using the BOS (Business Operating Systems) and MDI standards.
- Provide oversight and scheduling of inspections, testing and maintenance of EHS protective systems.
- Oversee the inventory of hazardous and non-hazardous waste to maintain current generator status with regard to compliance with federal, state and local regulatory laws.
- Lead EHS projects and initiatives as needed.
- BS in Environmental Health, Safety Sciences or related technical degree.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and use sound judgment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
- Prior EHS/Manufacturing experience as a Co-op or Intern.
- 3 to 4 years EHS work experience in Manufacturing environment
- Experience with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TYLER-Texas
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 19, 2017, 2:47:08 PM