Cisco Sales Business Development Manager – Global Onboarding in Austin, Texas
Sales Business Development Manager – Global Onboarding
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Area of Interest Business Development
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1230987
Sales Business Development Manager – Global Onboarding – Grade 10 (KSO plan)
Engage with a prioritized list of global Ecosystem Partners to onboard them so that they can work more closely with Cisco and create joint solutions in support of our top Sales priorities including selling business outcomes. These partners will be diverse and may include Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Independent Hardware Vendors (IHVs), Digital Solutions Integrators (DSIs), and may drive opportunities in the commercial, enterprise, public sector, and/or federal segments in the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and/or Asia. These partners will be focused on a variety of verticals including media, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and etc.
The position, Sales Business Development Manager (SBDM) – Global Onboarding, is responsible for creating joint Cisco and partner value propositions, uses cases, success stories, and helping to accelerate joint revenue. The SBDM will be expected to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on joint Cisco and ISV solutions and will resolve any issues that may arise while leading the partner through the Global Onboarding process. In addition, this role will help define new processes for onboarding new types of ecosystem partners such as Global DSIs and assist in scaling similar programs regionally. The role reports to the Senior Manager, Sales Business Development, Ecosystem Expansion, and will work cross functionally with the Global Partner Organization, Services, Business Units, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Development. This role is a critical part of our overall effort to expedite partners from recruit to revenue. Success is defined by key metrics, including documenting joint customer wins, monitoring pipeline, aligning partner to field sales and industry teams. and ensuring partners are ready to scale their go-to-market with Cisco.
The Ecosystem Expansion team, as part of the Global Partner Organization, is responsible for onboarding and driving go-to-market with a broad set of global ecosystem partners. These non-reseller partners touch all geos and sales segments and help Cisco to drive customer–in selling. As part of this dynamic team, you’ll have a chance to meet with partners from around the world and interact with a diverse set of Cisco stakeholders. You will never be bored on this team!
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience working with/for ISVs, software consultants, software integrators, or other partner types. S/he will possess both a business background that enables engagement at the CXO level as well as a sales background that promotes relevance to sales organizations both within Cisco and our ISV partner community. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. Several years of experience in virtual team leadership is preferred.
Additional Critical Areas of Experience and Expertise
• Intimate working knowledge of software architecture and ISV selling models, Consulting/SI business and partnering models, and Cisco products and services
• Software sales experience with proven knowledge in vertical markets such as Healthcare, Financial Services, Energy, Transportation, Media, Retail, and Manufacturing
• Proven ability to drive results in a matrix environment with globally distributed virtual teams using strong influencing and collaboration skills
• Strong program management experience in leading complex relationships
• Expert ability to consolidate and recommend best practices and scalable working models
• Managing partner escalations and working cross functionally with Cisco support teams and ISVs to drive resolution
• Capturing and analyzing data and providing status reports of results to stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Passionate attention to daily execution and partner enablement
• Ability to excel in an environment of high autonomy to produce business results
• Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering "excellence"
• Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, rapidly establish credibility with and gain confidence of multiple areas across Cisco and our ISVs
• Understanding and framing business and technical imperatives and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents
• Possesses the ability to develop and clearly articulate objectives using both analytical thinking, reference to facts and best practices
• Self-starter; must possess a desire to exceed expectations and an interest in expanding his/her own capabilities
• Displays a high of level of passion, energy, excitement and intensity
· Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
Preferred Job Location:
· US – Austin, TX, Research Triangle Park, NC, Chicago, IL, or San Jose, CA
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.