Calpine Plant Engineer I in Baytown, Texas
Plant Engineer I
Subject to DOT Regulations
Percent of Travel Required
Baytown Energy Ctr
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Coordinates all plant engineering functions to assure the facility operates at maximum performance and profitability. Responsible for providing technical support for daily operations, plant improvements, process improvements, design, equipment acquisition,
plant breakdown and analysis, and recommending corrective actions. Ensures operational activities are in accordance with procedures, schedules, regulatory compliance and budget projections. Conducts performance tests, collecting and analyzing operating data,
and developing operational plans and equipment recommendations to optimize performance and profitability. Develops and maintains plant operating records and provides technical support to plant operations and maintenance.
• Developing general knowledge of electrical power generation or related field.
• Developing use and/or application of basic principles, theories and concepts.
• Basic familiarity with knowledge area, staff, technologies, services, and practices.
• Makes decisions regarding own work within defined parameters.
• Regularly contributes useful ideas for own work area.
• With guidance, ensures timely and accurate performance of responsibilities for a single trade, group of closely related tasks or functional area.
• Work typically reviewed by others; work reflects developing competency and basic skills.
• Works on problems of limited scope.
• Works typically consists of a variety of routine tasks, which provide experience and increased job knowledge.
• Follows standard practices and procedures.
• Works under direct supervision and/or defined parameters.
• Prioritizes basic tasks; priorities typically guided by standard practices or by others.
• Basic communication – delivers information to individuals within defined parameters.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• Entry-level; typically less than 3 years’ experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP