SMG Booking Coordinator in Cedar Park, Texas
Great opportunity to work in the entertainment industry! The H-E-B Center at Cedar Park delivers fun, family entertainment including sports, concerts and family shows among other events, bringing energy, excitement, and new business to the Cedar Park, Austin and Central Texas area. H-E-B Center is home to the Texas Stars, AHL team of the Dallas Stars, and the Austin Spurs, NBA Development League team of the San Antonio Spurs.
SUMMARY: Assist General Manager in booking all major events at the facility. Duties include but are not limited to administrative clerical duties, maintaining positive working relations with all clients, agents and promoters and assisting in booking research, analysis and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists General Manager in all aspects of booking the facility.
- Works the booking process aggressively to maximize facility usage.
- Maintains and promotes industry relationships associated with booking the facility (agents, promoters, tour staff, etc.)
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons in the course of employment.
- Conducts talent and trend research for booking interest and communicates analysis to General Manager.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and assure discreet handling of all business.
- Compose letters, reports and applicable correspondence in a timely, accurate manner independently.
- Reviews all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the General Manager for the purpose of keeping abreast of all activities and pertinent information.
- Organizes and maintains pertinent booking file system.
- Coordinates and arranges executive staff meetings.
- Answers and screens General Manager's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Independently responds to inquiries within capacity of responsibility.
- Supports General Manager to ensure that all commitments are upheld.
- Makes travel reservations and maintains General Manager's calendar of appointments and prompts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
Preferred two (2) years of college level business training/education, and/or experience in booking and coordinating events a plus but not a requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively operate office equipment including proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize according to deadlines.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong independent decision making skills
- Proactive in communications with clients and daily correspondence with/for General Manager.
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have the ability to stand or sit up to 8-14 hours without break and the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, sometimes while bending or reaching above.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To Apply Directly Click: http://bit.ly/2tOZL36
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled