HARRIS COUNTY Young Adult Services Specialist (Lib Spec III) in Crosby, Texas
*Crosby Branch Library, Northeast Harris County, Crosby, TX *
Part of the youth services team working under the direction of the Branch Manager. Provides reader's advisory and basic reference service. Promotes library services to teens.
- Works with the Children's Services Librarian to maintain the materials collection in print, audio, and electronic formats.
- Works with the Children's Services Librarian and other professionals to develop and implement programs in the Library and community.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with local schools, youth organizations, and community groups.
- Prepares displays and other materials to publicize library promotional efforts.
- Works with youth library volunteers.
- Responsible for teaching and coordinating computer related programs for young adults at the library and in the community as needed.
- Works at service desk as scheduled.
- Attends professional conferences, activities, and staff meetings and actively serves on committees.
- Obtains a minimum of 20 training hours per calendar year.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned. Requirements
Minimum of one (1) year work experience with youth of middle and high school-age (12-18 years). Volunteer experience may be considered. Additional Requirements:
Familiar with the use of modern technology such as desktops, laptops and/or tablets and have a high proficiency level in Microsoft Office or equivalent programs and the Internet.
- Customer service oriented, possesses good communication skills, enjoys working in a high energy fast paced team environment.
- Ability to organize work priorities.
- Ability to work well with the public and library staff.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to with teens and young adults.
- Physical ability to perform above requirements General Information
*Harris County Public Library - Crosby Branch Library, Northeast Harris County, Crosby, TX *
- 40 hours a week.
- Includes Nights and Saturdays as Needed
- Commensurate With Qualifications
- Based on 26 Pay Periods.
Any persons asked to interview will do so at their own expense.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: $2,889.47 - $2,946.67 Monthly
Location: Crosby, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Public Library
Job Number: 02918
Closing: 5/4/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002