Stantec Field Mechanical Supervisor - Piping in Dallas, Texas
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking a Field Mechanical Supervisor to support a large wastewater infrastructure project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Responsibility for direct craft supervision of labor for above grade piping activities including the installation of pipe materials, fittings, valves, supports and appurtenances as indicated on layout drawings, standard details and Piping & Instrument diagrams.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC employees and subcontractors under the supervisor’s purview to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Review the technical documentation for the discipline scope of work for completeness and constructability. Understand or seek clarification for all aspects of the work scope.
• Assist with the planning and scheduling of the work. Develop detailed Work Plans for the labor crews that include a detailed description of the work activities and methods to be used as well as listing and ensuring the timely availability of manpower, materials, commodities, tools, equipment, temporary power sources, etc., as required to safely perform the work.
• Update actual work completed on the schedule and document actual hours worked on individual activities, as required by the Project Controls Group.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of other employees and different subcontractors.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required. Expedite responses to Requests for Information and other installation issues and clarifications.
• Monitor employee and subcontractor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• First line quality assurance inspections for conformance to specifications and drawings.
• Verify construction tests and hold points.
• Verifies work progress for production, productivity, and payment reports for scheduling and cost departments.
• Provides day-to-day direction to the appropriate construction engineer to ensure that the craft labor is working to the latest engineering information.
• Interfaces with equipment vendor representatives for technical assistance and verification oh inspection hold points as required.
• Assists with system punchlist walkdowns, verification of completed systems, and turnover.
• Perform additional assignments per project superintendent’s direction.
• Attend site meetings as required or requested.
Field Mechanical Supervisor - Piping
• At least 5 years’ experience as a supervisor, foreman or assistant superintendent supervising construction projects; experience on water/waste water construction projects greatly preferred.
• Knowledge of all mechanical construction disciplines with an emphasis on piping installation.
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling knowledge.
• Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
• Ability to develop and maintain relations with Owner, Engineer and subcontractors.
• Experience with Project closeout and punchlist management.
Construction, Field Work, Trade/Services
• Safety oriented, OSHA training preferred
• Special experience and expertise in heavy construction techniques preferred
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods.
Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
Join a team that’s advancing the growth in communities where we live and work. We are integrated program managers, engineers and construction experts with proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction group consists of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):