GKN Manufacturing Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Country: United States
Work Location: Dallas
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
The Manufacturing Engineer will be deployed from the North American
Regional team into the operating business locations to enable and deliver zero
defect projects utilizing superior engineering and problem solving skills. They
will deliver robust, capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to both
materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Responsible for technical support of manufacturing development and integration for production. - Resolve issues pertaining to vendor schedule and/or quality.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Responsible for the implementation of tooling and or production planning, from original concept through to production.
- Design these processes with a high degree of process capabilty and be able to demonstrate as such.
- Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation
- Provide training & coaching to colleagues on the GKN standard Manufacturing Engineering tool suite.
- Delivers measurable, metrics driven results for the projects to which they are assigned
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
* * - B.S. degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience in the manufacturing engineering field
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Aerostructures (metallics and/or composites) experience preferred.
- Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous Improvement mind-set.
- A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
- Proven capability to work independently in a range of different manufacturing environments.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.
- Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high performance behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good judgment, influencing, negotiation and collaboration.
Expect up to 75% travel in this role depending upon location and business needs
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.