CDM Smith Marketing Specialist in Dallas, Texas
CDM Smith is expanding our North America Unit marketing team! We are seeking a highly motivated Marketing Specialist/Proposal Writer with strong communication/facilitation, writing/editing, organizational, and time-management skills to join our team in our Dallas, TX office.
As a member of the CDM Smith team, you would contribute to our mission by:
• Planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing strategies for marketing and business development efforts throughout the firm's West Central Region
• Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content for proposals, presentations, resumes, project descriptions, and related marketing materials of a complex nature
• Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions
• Utilizing a theme-based approach for the development of proposal and presentation efforts
• Updating information in the CDM Smith firmwide database of resumes, project descriptions, proposals and qualifications
• Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up-to-date
• Being actively involved in the CDM Smith marketing discipline group by participating on task forces and committees, as available
• Developing business development, marketing, facilitation, and writing skills through internal and external training sources and associations (SMPS, WTS, APMP or other related society) membership and committee involvement
.Travelling to some of our other CDM Smith offices in Texas as well as the West Central region
CDM Smith Employment Type:
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• B.A. or B.S. in communications, English, Business or Journalism or related degree
• At least 6 years of related experience in proposal writing working in an architectural, engineering, or construction firm
• A strong command of Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Practical experience in facilitating large and small groups in strategy and proposal development
• The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed
• The ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments
• Experience with business development/marketing process models (such as Dag Knudsen, Miller-Heiman, Shipley)
• Excellent command of grammar, the AP Style Manual, and spelling
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Dallas
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: