Air Liquide USA LLC Technician - High Voltage Electrical in Freeport, Texas
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 68,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
- Zero Personal First Aid/Injuries.
- Participate in the LIVES program.
- Comply with all ALA Policies including Responsible Care.
- Zero Lost time injuries for ALA and contract personnel.
- 100% Safety record for contract personnel on assigned jobs.
- Troubleshoot plant electrical system problems
- Perform testing on transformers, breakers, and other high yard equipment.
- Perform testing on high voltage motors.
- Supervise contract labor resources and monitor work quality.
- Actively participate in Root Cause Analyses (RCA).
- Participate in the management of the facility's High Voltage Electrical PMs.
- Execute work orders.
- Identify corrective maintenance activities and enter work request into the CMMS.
- Maintain test equipment calibration and associated records.
- Maintain equipment records in both the CMMS and written form.
- Maintain facility P&ID; schematics.
- Rack in/out breakers and switchgear as necessary.
- Conduct High Voltage System changes.
- Perform Infrared scans of high voltage equipment.
- Perform routine inspections on equipment as per Reliability Center standards.
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 + years experience in plant high voltage or substation electrical maintenance activities
- Experience in troubleshooting high voltage transmission equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of high voltage motors
- Can travel for extended periods of time (1 to 10 days), with little advance warning
- Thorough understanding of safety requirements when working around HV equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to wear required PPE safety equipment including, hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, FRC clothing
- Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and work off elevated platforms/surfaces
- Ability to work in non-conditioned environment for extended periods
- Ability to work in flash suit for testing and troubleshooting
JOB TITLE: Technician - High Voltage Electrical
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2017-12-16
COUNTRY: United States