Chevron Corporation HES Specialist - Water and Waste in Houston, Texas
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HES Specialist- Water & Waste located in Houston or Midland, TX through ADD POSITING DATE at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Supports MCBU by providing waste and water subject matter expertise and compliance support.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• State and federal regulatory applicability determinations; permitting support
• HES waste/water interface for ESHIAs, review of MOC operational changes or new projects, and PSSRs
• Facility compliance assurance related to waste and water management, preparation of compliance documents for submittal to regulatory agencies
• Involvement in Third Party Waste Stewardship activities, and preparation of environmental metrics for corporate reporting
• Provides technical support to MCBU water strategy initiatives, potable water management, spill remediation, SPCC review and compliance, and waste management activities including E&P exempt, RCRA hazardous, and NORM waste identification through disposal
• The role requires effective engagement and relationships with all functions and being a self-starter, investigative and self-directed.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, HES discipline or Science is required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Job requires driving on an occasional basis
• 3 years of Waste or water management experience required with an emphasis in water
• Solid technical understanding of water and waste management regulations.
• Experience in interpreting and complying with these regulations and implementing programs/procedures for sustained compliance.
• Experience in stormwater permitting, construction and maintenance of BMPs.
• Experience in surface environmental management for spill remediation and reclamation.
• Experience auditing waste management and disposal sites.
• Maintain all program documents including, analytical data, records, and electronic files in good order. Able to provide direction to facilities regarding their documentation procedures for waste management programs.
• Simplify complicated regulatory information so that it is easily understood. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience effectively communicating with diverse groups.
• Knowledge of and experience implementing programs/processes for Operational Excellence Environmental Stewardship Expectations.
• Oil and Gas Industry experience is desired
• Knowledge of Public Water Systems programs to comply with U.S. EPA Safe Drinking Water Act regulations.
• Experience in waste determination, waste handling and disposal. Environmental and regulatory work-related experience with the U.S. EPA, BLM, and state agencies in Colorado, Texas and New Mexico.
• Candidates local to Houston, TX and Midland, TX are preferred
• Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
• Travel: This job requires travel (up to 25% of time)
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.