C&J Energy IT Application Developer SR - Reporting in Houston, Texas
Job Title: Solution Developer - Reporting
Reports To: IT Manager
General Description: Responsible for delivering enterprise reporting solutions and architecture leveraging SAP S/4 HANA and Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Lead the Enterprise Reporting Technology strategy leveraging SAP HANA, BI Platform, Fiori Apps and HCP development platform and drive business alignment for execution support.
- Identify enterprise-wide reporting strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change to increase business value and create competitive advantage.
- Lead the definition, design and development of the SAP enterprise systems information architecture and associated business warehouse information model to enable cross functional operational reporting and corporate performance optimization. Own overall responsibility for the BI, mobility, apps backend data architecture for SAP and non-SAP data sources.
- Ensure a robust, secure, scalable and extendable BI platform that is high performing and optimized for large data volumes.
- Develop BI standards, processes, and procedures for consistent execution and administration.
- Maintain development and transport procedures consistent with architecture reviews to guarantee that best practices are consistently maintained.
- Translate complex functional requirements into operational technical designs. Model and build SAP BI metadata and architecture.
- Lead techniques and technology for managing database/data warehouses including HANA, CDS views, indexes, statistics, compression, partitioning and data deletion to all applicable BI objects, mobile and apps.
- Establish performance baselines; monitor system performance and tune for peak performance. Manage and work with onsite and AMS development team.
- Prioritize and manage development of reporting solutions & analytical results based on existing requirements, hypothetical needs/wants, models and delivery methods
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with using Agile delivery methods, SAPUI5 and knowledge of Fiori Apps is a plus
- Strong BI and data warehouse conceptual thinking required
- Knowledge of HANA Cloud Platform and S/4 HANA architecture is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills. Strong influencing and leadership skills and self-driven, motivated, team player.
- Proven ability to lead teams, acquire new technical skills, and provide knowledge transfer to staff or team members
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with various departmental teams enabling positive change
- Experience in designing and building reporting solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Outstanding presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Interface with internal clients on reporting needs, proactively
- Strong analytical, judgment, and problem-solving skills
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one of the following areas: application architecture, solutions architecture, software systems architecture, data architecture, or SDLC, and is comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems
- 7+ years application reporting development experience with strong understanding of SDLC, architecture and project management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled