TRC Companies Senior Project Manager in Houston, Texas
TRC Solutions is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience with electric power, oil and gas transmission line siting and permitting for the southern region, focused on Texas. Knowledge and past experience with FERC permitting and testifying before the Public Utility Commission of Texas is required. TRC's experience includes fossil fuel-fired power generation, electric transmission and substations, wind power generation, solar power generation, natural gas and product transmission pipelines (FERC and non-FERC regulated), compressor stations, and other related facilities.
This strategic opportunity is for a proven Senior Project Manager with primary responsibilities for the scoping, execution and management of permitting and regulatory compliance projects associated with the siting, construction, and operation of oil and natural gas transmission, storage and distribution facilities, electric transmission facilities, and power facilities, including renewable energy facilities. These projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse.
The successful candidate will lead the acquisition of new clients and projects, lead business development initiatives and prepare winning proposals. Project work may be anywhere in the U.S., but an emphasis will be projects in Texas.
- Possess a B.S. or M.S. in a related field (i.e., engineering, biology, planning, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
- Exhibit 10-15+ years of professional experience. This experience may include electric transmission, power generation and/or natural gas transmission siting and permitting experience, with prior project management of fossil-fired energy infrastructures facility permitting projects.
- This role will involve the input and management of numerous environmental and human resources including regulatory reviews and preparation of local, state and federal permit applications, resource analysis, corridor identification, route refinement, agency consultation, and public outreach.
- This candidate will have demonstrated success in managing projects, and working within a group and independently to execute projects and help grow the energy sector.
- Candidates will have experience and knowledge of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), TCEQ, TRRC, and the Texas PUC. Specifically, the candidate must have experience testifying before the Public Utility Commission of Texas regarding the environmental assessment and alternative route analysis to meet the requirements of an Application for a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity (CCN) for a proposed linear facility.
- Experience with environmental processes, including NEPA, Siting Boards, FERC, BLM, USFWS, COE, required, as well as experience with federal, state and local regulators is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage the permitting of complex linear and other energy projects, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and flexible approach to problem solving, excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and professionalism are critical skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are key to the success of this opportunity. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to see big picture, understanding of company goals and ability to provide leadership for the successful implementation of same goals.
TRC offers career advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information about TRC or to apply for this position please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Houston, TX - Richmond Avenue - HOU