Oceaneering Sr. Operational Excellence Specialist in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Position is responsible to support business units and shared services with the management and implementation of our Operational Excellence (OE) system. Provide the coaching, guidance, technical expertise to the business unit and shared service leaders to they can integrate OE with their operations and/or share services teams, thus OE concepts are a key part of the business unit/shared service strategy and key performance indicators.
The Sr. Operational Excellence Specialist will assist business unit and shared service leaders with the development, implementation and ongoing management of their strategy, objectives and matrix.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide input to the OE vision, goals, direction to business unit and shared service leaders as outlined in our strategy.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement with management staff in the business unit or shared service groups
- In conjunction with the Operational Excellence Manager, provide diagnostics ofbusiness unit and shared services throughout the year to identify the potential projects.
- Verify/validate the business unit has selected the projects that have the greatest benefit to business results.
- Using DMAIC or other improvement methodologies, identify critical processes and controls necessary to meet business objectives.
- Use risk management tools to identify improvements and mitigate risks associated with Critical to Quality Characteristics.
- Execution of OE projects- manage, plan, execute.
- Facilitate the discussion with the Business Unit Leader and Global Business Unit Quality Mgrs. to assess and select the improvement opportunities that are critical to the achieving the business objectives.
- Develop short and long term improvement roadmaps.
- Utilize the framework for the OE processes, i.e. project tracking, selection,. governance.
- Provide hands on utilization, implementation of OE tools and concepts to identify areas for improvement that can accelerate business results, reduce COPQ and improve execution.
- Facilitate the development of project charters, including the problems statements and defining improvement targets.
- Oversee the preparation and facilitation of kaizen events or other improvement teams.
Lead, and/or facilitate improvement projects.
Assess, improve and develop the OE knowledge, skills & abilities of business units, shared service leaders and quality staff, so they can incorporate OE principles, concepts, and tools into their day to day activities & processes.
- Identify & develop internal candidates who can contribute to the OE process.
- Identify and coach OE Champions who can assist with the OE process
- Identify, develop and conduct training, i.e. Greenbelt for those who lead OE project
- Identify critical OE knowledge, skills and abilities of Quality Mgr. i.e. build a development plan
- Mentor Quality Mgr.,& OE champion
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve revenue goals, operational income growth and related objectives. Implement critical process based upon business unit & shared service needs & readiness.
- Analyze cost reduction potential. Set and deliver results related to productivity/process improvements
- Report on KPIs for quality, productivity costs, and service delivery such as first time quality, on time delivery, or efficiency improvements
- Identify and recommend high level game changing projects that cross business units and regions ,i.e. 2-3 year projects
- Analytics such as regression modeling that demonstrate cause and effect relationships
- Utilize the OE Governance to manage implementation and measure improvement & results.
- Stage gate process
- Verification of effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in quality management, engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of experience in process improvement
- Experience with working on a Global team
- Comprehensive business insight on design to deliver business is strongly preferred
- Experience in both manufacturing and service related fields is desired
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in lean/six sigma implementation through redesigned processes
- Success in international environment and cultures
- Experience in Six Sigma / Lean Management Green Belt, ability to achieve certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Strategy deployment, management by objectives, culture change initiatives, change management and organizational development concepts
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Operational Excellence Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13061
Full/Part Time: Full-Time