C&J Energy Cement Equipment Operator II in Midland, Texas
Under direct supervision, the Cement Equipment Operator II promotes excellent customer relations and satisfaction with the work performed at the well site while performing equipment rig up and rig down and preparing equipment for performing the job. The individual in this position is responsible for the safe operations of bulk equipment operating and repairing cement pump equipment with well site operations during the delivery of services in accordance with customer's design and key performance indicators (KPIs). Additionally, the Cement Equipment Operator performs necessary calculations as well as data collection and distribution at the well site as needed. At the culmination of each job, cement equipment operator coordinates the clean-up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have a valid CDL A or B driver's license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence. This position requires HAZMAT endorsement.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
- Computer skills are necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Skills required for this position are typically acquired through completion of on the job training as a Cement Equipment Operator 2.
- Must complete training and mentor requirements including both formal and on-the-job training.
- Skills are typically acquired within 6 months to 2 years of product service line experience.
- Must have developed good skills within the service line and a general understanding of other service functions.
- Must be knowledgeable of company policies, HSE standards and departmental guidelines.
- 10-15% travel required
- Responsible for the safe operation of bulk equipment, rig-up of iron and high pressure pump operations during the delivery of services, in accordance with the customer's design and KPIs.
- Responsible for the integrity of the discharge iron installation.
- Prepares cement pumping equipment for the well site.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform equipment function checks in preparation for the job.
- Utilizes real-time data under dynamic job conditions, communicating results to appropriate personnel at the location
- May be required to drive company light-duty and commercial vehicles.
- Promotes safety awareness, environmental consciousness, and takes an active role in quality improvement processes.
- Holds pre- and post-job safety meetings periodically to identify job hazards and risks.
- Responsible for the rig down of equipment to return to the facilities.
- Works under direct supervision. Job Duties are highly defined with infrequent but direct supervision.
- Ensures that a high level of efficiency and readiness is achieved by the department in regards to equipment operating.
- Ensures compliance with all company and client Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) practices and guidelines.
- Retains an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Conducts an annual review of the Position Definition and updates as required. (reserved for Supervisors and above)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled