C&J Energy Dispatcher i in Midland, Texas
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
POSITION TITLE: DISPATCHER
LOCATION: Various Field Locations
REPORTS TO: PSL Manager
FLSA CLASS: Salaried, Non-exempt
To receive/distribute information to/from area personnel, including supervisors, customers, and
management; giving work assignments to various personnel to address client's request for the
company's services. Maintains a record of all communication documents.
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Ability to operate radio dispatching unit.
- Ability to learn the operation of a 10-key calculator, typewriter, telephone and personal computer.
- Experience and Educational Requirements: High School diploma and at least 1 year driving experience or dispatching experience.
- Position requires the ability to perform light physical work such as lifting and carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, squatting, kneeling and the use of a stepladder.
- Under general supervision, operates radio dispatching units for the purpose of directing various communications, routing trucks and rigs, and scheduling work.
- Documents phone calls in call log and transmits correspondence from various sources.
- Maintains viable relationship with customers at all times, while ensuring that customer's needs are taken care of in a timely and consistent manner.
- Coordinates and schedules equipment and personnel as needed.
- Provides accurate accident, safety and various other related reports as required.
- May be responsible for pricing and filing work tickets, producing and distributing morning operations reports, monthly fuel reports, vehicle transfer reports, and railroad commission reports.
- May be responsible for maintaining vehicle registration permits, tracking mileage for truck fleet, and coordinating vehicle maintenance when necessary.
- Responsible for performing job independently without continual supervision.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled