C&J Energy Engineer I in Midland, Texas
C&J Energy Services, Inc.
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has since grown more than 400%. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
The Engineer I provide coiled tubing designs, well support and post job analysis to customers in the designated area. The Engineer I develop and maintains relationships with customers and provides technical support on location as required by customers or management. With minimal supervision, this individual independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and is a liaison between sales, operations, and customers. Field visits should be made weekly to the fleets overseeing special projects and customer requests.
- Provide engineering /technical support to CT operations
- Ensure proper technical documentation is recorded
- Develop full awareness of CT techniques and competitive technologies
- Implements changes to job designs with limited supervision
- Designs jobs using necessary templates including selection of appropriate techniques, fluids, materials and equipment required.
- Promotes safe working environment in accordance with safety policies and procedures
- Works in conjunction with operations to ensure Engineering support is optimum according to job requirements and technical skills.
- Verifies that job designs are feasible, effective and consistent with equipment and materials available through communications with Operations, Procurement and the Laboratory.
- Implements changes to job design procedures based on feedback from Operations.
- Writes job designs and proposals as needed.
- Directs or supports technology development through participation in studies, experiments and related reporting.
- Works in conjunction with Sales Team to fulfill client requests.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office applications, Excel, MS Word, etc...
- Ability to effectively run and troubleshoot Cerberus/Orion or Medco/Lime.
- Basic understanding of Cerberus/Orion or Medco/Lime models and pressure matching
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Multitasking, interpersonal communication and attention to detail are all required skills
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- 4 or more years' experience as a field engineer for coiled tubing.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- No more than 2 accident(s) violations in the last three (3) years. No more than 3 moving violations (speeding, etc) in the last three (3) years. No more than one (1) accident and no more than two (2) moving violations in the last three (3) years. No DWI/DUI in the last five (5) years.
About C&J Energy Services, Inc.
C&J Energy Services was founded in 1997 and the company soon established itself as a premium provider of hydraulic fracturing and coiled tubing services. In 2011 we became a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CJES. That same year we acquired Total Equipment and Service, our primary equipment supplier, thus adding extensive manufacturing capability to our offerings. In 2012 we acquired Casedhole Solutions, a premium provider of perforating, pipe recovery, wireline logging, pressure pumping and other services.
C&J Energy Services is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Paid Time Off
Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled