CB&I Iron Worker in Orange, Texas
Title: Iron Worker
Location: United States-Texas-Orange
Raises, places and unites girders, columns and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure framework, working as member of crew
- Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing structural-steel members, with basic rigging knowledge for raising an placing structural steel members
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or rope
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members
- Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into position
- Pulls, pushes or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools
- Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud wrenches
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level
- Bolts align members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies
- Loads, transports, unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positions and securing of materials and work pieces during installation
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required
- Work within precise limits to standards of accuracy
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Job Field: Structural
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2017, 1:40:50 PM
Requisition ID: 1709905
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.