CB&I Manufacturing Operations Manager in Pasadena, Texas
Title: Manufacturing Operations Manager
Location: United States-Texas-Pasadena
The Manufacturing Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the organization associated with the manufacture and delivery of our CDModule and other proprietary products safely, efficiently, on-time and within quality specifications the first time.
- HSE - To lead and integrate HSE goals and objectives into the operations and plans of the Manufacturing operations
- Quality – Manufacturing and delivering our products in accordance with customer’s requirements and specifications
- Delivery – On-time delivery of products in accordance with agreed upon orders and plans
- Production planning and goals
- Continuous improvement that leverages “Lean”, JIT and TPM principals into all aspects of the manufacturing operations
- Accurate and timely entry of manufacturing plant data into JDE system by department staff.
- Coordination with other functions (Engineering, Customer Services, Quality, Technical Services, etc) to ensure the right quality products are produced at the right time and shipped to the customer’s satisfaction
- Encourage employee growth and development through leadership, team building and training.
- Implementation of company policies within the Manufacturing team
Leading and managing a diverse workforce of regular and contract employees to deliver expected results in HSE, production, first time quality and costs.
- Managing unskilled contract labor pool to achieve business objectives including HSE
- Delivering quality custom manufactured products within narrow production schedules.
- Leveraging Lean, JIT and TPM principles into all aspects of the work
Staff and team development
Staff: Two operations team leads and one warehouse supervisor. Team size varies based upon product demand between 20 to 30
- Other: Manages the production of proprietary products; inventory via on-site and off-site warehouse; JDE MRP Controller/Planner/Scheduler; works with and is member of Customer Services & Supplies team.Other: Manages the production of proprietary products; inventory via on-site and off-site warehouse; JDE MRP Controller/Planner/Scheduler; works with and is member of Customer Services & Supplies team.
- Industrial/Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- 15 years industrial experience in a production/manufacturing environment including experience in automated fabrication/manufacturing processes
- Production & Manufacturing Operations Skill Pool
- Experienced and knowledgeable in manufacturing excellence including: Lean, JIT, 5S & TPM, Theory of Constraints, and Kaizen
- Familiar with key aspects of metal fabricator shops operations
- Maturity and very high-level interpersonal skills to work in matrix organization plus deal with the multiplicity of the personalities, nationalities, and cultures in a positive way to achieve results.
- Strong, motivating people skills, with experience managing activities performed by indirect contract labour staff
- Results oriented and driven
CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Job Field: Fabrication & Manufacturing
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2018, 4:03:46 PM
Requisition ID: 1800855
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.