Air Liquide USA LLC Technician- Production in Pasadena, Texas
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Pasadena, TX.
- Demonstrates an overall understanding of plant safety rules, regulations, and company safety policies/procedures
- Instills safety in others by being safety minded; models good safety practices
- Works safely in all situations
- Identifies potential maintenance needs; enters them into the work order maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Performs all work in compliance with standard operating and maintenance procedures, utilizing current Life Safety -Training skills and safety requirements including, safe work permits, energy control isolation and IDLs, confined space entry work, hot work, work plans, pre-job discussions, plant safety inspections, etc
- Ensures contractors, visitors, co-workers and others comply with company safety policies/procedures. Issues safe work permit documentation and performs lock-out tag-out of equipment.
- Acquires knowledge/ability in all plant operations including processes and equipment
- Exhibits some instrumentation and mechanical aptitude
- Learns and follows standard operating procedures, corporate procedures; read and interpret blueprints, flow charts, process piping ISOs, simple schematics, P & IDs, electrical schematics; perform basic math operations
- Keeps accurate records and be diligent in documentation and record retention policies and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of control board and operator interface computer consoles
- Perform operator rounds, water samples, truck loading, operations PM's
- Maintain and expect high housekeeping and organizational standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of technical training or operations experience
- Ability to use computers-knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work in a team environment; demonstrated self motivated attitude
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with both written/spoken English at the 12th grade level
- Good verbal/written communication skills in order to deal effectively with management and external customers
- Knowledge/understanding of instrumentation, rotating equipment and piping systems
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants (Process Safety Management, EPA regulations, FDA regulations, state/local regulations)
- Knowledge in the proper methods of locking out and isolating equipment
- Qualified in operation of the forklift, man lift and overhead crane is preferred
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Ability to work extended hours/shift work as business needs dictate
- Ability to work nights, weekends and possibly holidays in order to meet shift and on-call requirements
- Has full range of motion; ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to wear required safety equipment including, hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes/boots and FRC clothing
- Ability to climb/ascend vertical ladders and work at elevation as required; enter and work in confined spaces
- Ability to work outside in the elements (heat, rain, etc)
- 2 year associates degree in a technical field or technical training
JOB TITLE: Technician- Production
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2018-01-29
COUNTRY: United States