Symantec Sr. Systems Engineering Manager in Plano, Texas
Sr Mgr, Systems Engineering
The Americas Healthcare Sales Organization relentlessly protects the information of small, midsize, and enterprise Healthcare customers by delivering solutions within its enterprise security software and services portfolios. These solutions are delivered to customers through multiple sales channels, including Direct, Value-Added/Large Account Resellers and Global Strategic Partnerships. Setting us apart from our competitors is the devotion and time we take to understand our Healthcare customers’ unique requirements better than anyone else, and satisfying those needs with innovative, technically capable offerings. Driven by our core values in every interaction, we help our customers secure their businesses, so that each and every employee feels proud to be a part of the winning team at Symantec.
The Sr Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) for Healthcare is responsible for supporting the Healthcare field sales force for all their pre-sales technical requirements. He/She will manage assigned Systems Engineers (SEs) and their performance; ensuring staff is trained at a level that allows them to effectively accomplish their job responsibilities.
You will work with Healthcare Sales Managers to not only ensure technical pre-sales objectives are met but also to develop relevant sales campaigns. You will ensure the technical sales skill levels are appropriate for customer-based technical discovery, business and technical relevancy, sales presentations, demonstrations, and product evaluations.
The SEM is also responsible to ensure forecast objectives are met, and will attend sales visits to ensure SE proficiency. When required, the SEM will manage territorial schedules for optimum utilization of resources.
Due to the increasing focus placed on cultivating our channel ecosystem, SEMs also build relationships with peer managers within regional and national channel partners.
You will be responsible for the timely completion of personnel related tasks such as monitoring travel and expenses, approvals of expense reports, completion of quarterly and annual performance reviews, scheduling, and responsiveness to staffing needs.
You will develop SE expertise to align with product lines as defined by SE leadership. You will be responsible for keeping track of all pre-sales related equipment (laptops, cell phones, etc.).
Responsible for assisting the Public Relations/Marketing group with engagements, reviews and speaking opportunities, as required. This position may require travel throughout an assigned region with little advance notice.
You will be expected to maintain knowledge of Healthcare industry and technology trends.
• Build and maintain a team of high-performing Systems Engineering (SE) resources
• Create customized training and enablement plans for individual team members, including both technical and soft skills
• Monitor territory/account forecast and ensure that roadblocks to opportunity technical closure are removed or minimized
• Work with the SE’s to create customer profile of technologies installed, key projects, initiatives, and political org charts
• Engage Sales Manager to create whitespace analysis for the territories/accounts
• Manage team members’ overall short and long-term career development
• Build and develop relationships within the assigned client base
• Attend sales meetings with SE team to observe and provide coaching and performance management to individual team members
• Collaborate with peer managers for SE engagement across accounts, team enablement, and team building
• Work with internal support, business units, and management teams to ensure appropriate resources are engaged when field need arises
• 10+ years demonstrated pre-sales experience.
• 8+ years demonstrated management or supervisory-level experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Management
• Must present a professional appearance and demeanor and possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers at Symantec and in customer environments.
• Have the ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
• Must possess presentation-ready knowledge of several Symantec or competitor solutions and possess expertise in products making up one or more solutions.
• Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.