Valero Enterprise System Development Engineering Specialist - SAP/Java Systems Development in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Enterprise System Development Engineering Specialist position supports the design/construction and implementation of Web Applications and/or upgrade projects with technical knowledge primarily in SAP NetWeaver UI5, Java, ABAP and Gateway but may also involve SAP Process Integration (PI), Portal, SQL Server, HANA and BW. Participates in gathering functional or technical requirements and generates specification documents for SAP application usage or business processes. Has significant influence on business process design or application architecture. In addition, the person in this position will have the opportunity to learn and grow by working closely with the Functional Teams, as well as other I/S teams, on major developments and support issues. The SAP specialist should have understanding on integration across the SAP systems ECC/ERP Suite of applications, and have experience in project development using Netweaver ABAP and/or Java.
Key Job Functions:
- Analyzes, defines, implements, and supports computer programs/systems which solve business problems and improve planning, control, or operating results and objectives.
- Designs and constructs highly complex programs and interfaces between SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Provides technical expertise, problem analysis, and systems development services for the design of new or modified applications.
- Develops new system functionality to achieve continuous system improvements, to enable new or existing business requirements.
- Provides continuous inputs in maintaining software development processes and standards.
- Occasionally leads simple projects or tasks.
- Works independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years of technical or functional experience utilizing SAP required, with technical experience to include two (2) years in SAP Netweaver ABAP or Java development.
- Minimum five (5) years of development experience using ABAP and/or Java and JEE preferred.
- Development experience utilizing HTML5, SAPUI5, Fiori, SAP NW gateway, oData, JSON is preferred.
- Responsive Web design and related mobile technologies is preferred.
- Experience in web services integration via SOAP, REST, XML, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery, WSDL, Json, Odata, etc. is preferred.
- Experience in SAP HANA, ABAP Web Dynpro/FPM, SAP Workflow, Adobe Forms is preferred.
- Knowledge of refinery business and operations preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2018, 9:22:03 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 170010E