Schlumberger Electrical Engineer in Sugar Land, Texas
Location: Sugar Land - United States
The Electrical Engineer, under general direction, provides engineering skills to assist in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Electrical Engineer assists with planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely fashion.
Successful Electrical Engineers are effective communicators, and can work well individually as well as within a team. They continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate development plans. They are able to identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets, quickly learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
The Electrical Engineer reports to the Sustaining Manager.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, maintains products and assists in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertakes technical projects.
- Designs, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Assists in identifying and organizing requirements. Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
- Designs testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conducts tests, documents test results and develops client presentation. May present solutions to clients.
Provides timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues. This will lead to:
Provides assistance to Manufacturing team in order to maintain the production of nuclear technology products
- Investigates and addresses field issues
Leads collaboration with subject matter experts from other disciplines such as:
Manufacturing processes (brazing, cleaning, assembly, testing)
- High-energy/nuclear physicists
- Electrical component technologists
- Material specialists
- Thermal management experts
- Conducts and/or participates in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensures commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Creates and maintains product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the CLM custom form of the project.
- Provides training and support to clients and field representatives. Prepares technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion.
- Makes presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Authors/co-authors technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Contributes to design standards and supports design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Shares expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expands the informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains and clients.
- Maintains familiarity with Company technology, organization and business. Understands and provides technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
- Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully completes required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with significant experience or equivalent combination of higher degree and experience.
- Experience of design and/or manufacture of high voltage (>50 kV) electrical systems or exposure to high voltage technologies
- Knowledge of analog designs (nuclear technology products are fundamentally analog electrical designs)
- Previous experience of working in high energy physics and/or nuclear instrumentation
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.