Nucor Corporation Structural Engineer,EIT in Terrell, Texas
Structural Engineer,EITinTerrell, TXatNucor Building Systems
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Nucor Building Systemsis a leading manufacturer of metal building systems including the industrial, commercial, warehouse, community, and agricultural markets. Our nationwide authorizedNucorBuilder network consists of over 600 of the best design-build contractors in the business, providing exceptional solutions, on time, and within budget.
Whether you have need for a commercial building such as a hangar, or a religious facility,Nucorhas the solution for you. The advantages of a metal building byNucorinclude energy efficiency, design flexibility, and structural stability.
Division: Nucor Building Systems TX
• Assist in the Nucor Building Systems sales and profit effort by providing safe and efficient designs for low-rise steel building systems, which include but not limited to structures such as airplane hangars, churches, gymnasiums, strip retail centers, and manufacturing/industrial buildings.
• Effective application of custom-developed and industry software for design of standard and non-standard structural framing conditions and details.
• Provide creative, economical solutions for challenging framing conditions by utilizing knowledge of Nucor Building Systems products and manufacturing limitations.
• Actively manage projects through effective communication and documentation with customers and teammates in other departments.
• Assist in enhancement of current design software by providing suggestions and/or verification of engineering calculations. Involvement with development of new design tools that aid productivity and accuracy may occasionally be required.
• Perform quote engineering functions as needed including preliminary design of structural framing, clarification of scope of work, and qualification of proposals.
• Represent Nucor Building Systems as an engineering resource in project meetings with customers, typically for review of design results or to present value-engineering ideas.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace.
• Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a focus in Structural Design.
• Passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and certified as an Engineer in Training with the state board of professional engineers. PREFERENCES:
• In depth knowledge of structural steel building codes: IBC, AISC 360, AISC 341, AISC 358, ASCE 7, AISI, etc.
• Proficiency with some type of metal building design software package.
• Strong background with Engineering in the Pre-Engineered Metal Building Industry is preferred.
• Leadership ability and/or experience.
Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Nucor is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet and Drug Free Workplace.