Valero Sr Planner - Maintenance in TEXAS CITY, Texas
Assists Maintenance personnel with the planning and scheduling of repairs for emergency shutdowns.
* Provides job plans for daily maintenance activities, plans and schedules unit shutdowns, prepares job packages for expense projects, provides planning assistance for emergency shutdowns, and develops AFE/Turnaround job plans for projects not handled by the Engineering Services Department. * Receives and reviews work requests that have been authorized by the users of the Maintenance services. * Prepares a work scope and establishes the labor, tools, material, and equipment required for work requests. * Estimates, plans, and requisitions manpower, materials, and equipment for approved work requests. * Prepares/supplies drawings, sketches, bid packages, specifications, procedure, etc. that will aid the Maintenance Supervisor for all planned jobs. * Maintains the records essential to the effective operation of the planning and scheduling areas of responsibility. * Coordinates the scheduling of the planned project with Maintenance supervision, Operations, Safety and the Purchasing Department to achieve maximum efficiency and cost management in a proactive manner. * Tracks temporary repairs until permanent repairs can be made. * Accumulates costs for reporting purposes on specific jobs. * Assists in monitoring the productivity of contractors performing work in the refinery. * Participates in rotation of supervision for the maintenance second shift. * Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of planning experience in Refinery Maintenance required.
- Experience using computer-based planning and scheduling tools required.
- Experience conducting maintenance planning using SAP, Excel, and/or MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Texas City Refinery
The Valero Texas City Refinery is located on the Texas City Ship Channel, approximately 40 miles southeast of Houston. With several recent upgrading projects, the refinery provides significant feedstock flexibility and product diversity to Valero's Gulf Coast operations. The plant dates to 1908, originally built to process 1,500 barrels per day of Oklahoma crude oil. The refinery has gone through continuous upgrades and expansions since then, including major upgrades from 1955 to 1970 when the total throughput of the refinery was increased from 40,000 to 130,000 barrels per day. In 1996, gas oil hydrotreater and residual oil solvent extraction units were commissioned along with significant revamps to the fluid catalytic cracking unit and the No. 3 crude unit. Since acquiring the refinery in 1997, Valero has invested more than $750 million in expansions and upgrades at Texas City. Most recently, the plant completed a major expansion consisting of a new delayed coker and a gasoline desulfurization unit. These expansions and upgrades give the facility a great deal of feedstock flexibility, resulting in a higher gross margin than a conventional refinery. The new units allow the crude units to run lower-value, heavier-gravity crude feedstocks to produce a large slate of low-sulfur, clean fuels.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-TX-Texas City
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 10:58:25 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800175