CB&I Sr. SQL Database Administrator in The Woodlands, Texas
Title: Sr. SQL Database Administrator
Location: United States-Texas-The Woodlands
- Typical database administrative tasks include: monitoring, performance tuning, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery, installations and configurations on as needed basis as well as applying patches and upgrades.
- Responsible for managing Development, Test, QA and Production databases and implementing future enhancements to meet the business needs of the end users.
- Monitor database health - availability, reliability, performance, capacity planning,
- Setup server clustering, replication, re-indexing, tune system to ensure maximum system efficiency and 100% system availability. Troubleshooting complex scenarios
- Provide recommendation for HA solutions
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans and procedures during quarterly or as desired by business, Disaster Recovery exercise
- Responsible for implementation and completion of database changes as submitted by the development team or others
- Work with developers/BA/Vendors to resolve database related application issues
- Provide off hours support and maintenance as required, part of the 24x7 operations support on call rotations
- Participate as a member of a project team to design new products or enhancements to existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer engineering/Computer Science or related is required
- 5 years hands-on experience as a SQL DBA including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, physical Design for critical systems
- Strong Hands-on SQL administration, reporting and integration related experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of RDBMS environments, including Failover Clustering and replication
- Strong Knowledge of Database Backup and recovery
- Experience performing SQL server installations, upgrades, and installing patches.
- Must be well versed in schema creation, schema migration, data conversion, performance monitoring/tuning, and T-SQL etc.
- Experience with third party SQL RDBMS tools
- SQL Server certification
- Experience of Oracle database Server a plus
- Experience supporting Applications from DB side
- Experience supporting Software development
- Storage knowledge preferred
- Experience with Virtual Servers
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Job Field: Database Administration
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2018, 3:21:21 PM
Requisition ID: 1802397
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.